PLEASE LOGIN OR SIGN UP
To access this webinar you need to login.
De-Bug the Building Code: How to Make Complying with NECB Simple
What do you do when your building must comply with codes? How can you navigate all the systems involved in a project simply and effectively – and keep errors to a minimum?
Watch this one-hour presentation where we’ll discuss how to remove human error from building energy code requirements and replace them with automated processes. This presentation is not designed as a how-to, but is designed to open minds to the possibilities available.
After this 1-hour webcast, you will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of a using a BIM work flow to automate building code requirements
• Understand how building modeling applies to potential energy consumption analysis
• List strategies that can be incorporated into a BIM project to lessen human error in calculating the building code
• View examples of building energy code compliance being automated in a BIM project
• Outline the next steps towards integration of the building code into a BIM project
Carl Storms, Senior Applications Expert at IMAGINiT Technologies
Drawing on his years of experience in architecture, engineering and construction, Carl provides a practical and well-rounded understanding of building information modeling (BIM) to clients. He’s worked in residential and commercial architecture, as well as construction and has over five years of teaching experience at the collegiate and industry level. Beyond that, he’s also done a bit of sales and marketing which aid him in providing the business case for BIM to clients as well as helping them make the most of their collaboration, coordination and design tools and processes.
Carl assists clients with the adoption of design technology and BIM processes. As someone who truly enjoys the process of Building Information Modeling, Carl spreads his love of all things BIM via Twitter @theBIMsider, on Facebook, and his BIMsider Blog.
Autodesk Revit (Architecture, Structure, and MEP), Autodesk Navisworks, BIM 360 (Field & Glue), AutoCAD, Autodesk FormIt 360, Dynamo, Collaboration for Revit (C4R)
Autodesk Revit Certified Instructor
Autodesk Revit Certified Professional (Architecture, Structure, and MEP)
Autodesk AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk Building Specialist Certification
• Autodesk University (AU) 2014 – 2016
• Revit Technology Conference North America (RTCNA) 2014 – 2016
• Revit Technology Conference Europe (RTCEUR) 2015
• CanBIM Regional Session – Vancouver 2016
• Alberta BIM user groups, cBIMc and eBIMc.
Frequent contributor on Twitter @theBIMsider and his Blog www.theBIMsider.com
Industry advisor for engineering students at University of Calgary 2012/2013.